350 Pakistanis confirmed in drowned boat of Greece, identification of 82 bodies continues
According to Federal Interior Minister Rana Sanaullah, 350 Pakistani citizens were present in boat that crashed in Greece, Out of which 12 were confirmed to have survived while 82 bodies have been received and process of dentification is continues, He also indicated possibility of an increase in casualties

Federal Interior Minister Rana Sanaullah has confirmed that 350 Pakistani citizens were on board boat that sank in Greece, while 12 Pakistanis who survived have been identified.
Speaking in the National Assembly, Federal Interior Minister Rana Sanaullah said that 104 people, including 12 Pakistanis, were alive in the boat that sank on the coast of Greece.
Federal Interior Minister Rana Sanaullah said on Friday that 350 Pakistani citizens were on board the migrant ship that sank on the coast of Greece. 281 families have confirmed this.
During his speech in the lower house, the interior minister said that the bodies of 82 people who died in the boat accident had reached Pakistan.
Rana Sanaullah said that half of the total 700 people on the ship were Pakistanis while the capacity was only 400. He said that this was the first time in any such incident that there were so many casualties.
The Federal Interior Minister said that 281 families have contacted us whose relatives were on board the ill-fated boat. He said that DNA samples of 193 people have been taken so far.
According to Rana Sanaullah, among the 104 people who survived the boat accident, 12 Pakistani citizens are also included who have been identified while the investigation committee is also working in this regard.
He told the lower house that information about the tragedy is slowly coming out. Families from Azad Kashmir and Punjab and dozens of youths and children were also on board the sinking boat.
According to the data shared by FIA, 181 people belong to Pakistan and 28 from Azad Jammu and Kashmir while DNA samples were collected from 201 families.
During the meeting in Wami Assembly, Sanaullah said that so far 281 families in Pakistan have contacted the government and expressed fear that their loved ones are trapped in this incident.
According to the minister, boat accident-related desks have been set up, and all the affected families have been contacted, their DNA samples and other necessary information collected.
He informed the assembly that almost 99 percent of people who have left for Europe so far have done so through legal means, but from countries like Libya, they choose illegal routes.



